Sunday, March 20, 2011

HTML Refresher

 

It has been long time since my last blog post. I visited blogger yesterday and I must say I am impressed by nice changes done to the application . I also saw preview video of next set of changes to come and  they do look promising.

With all the HTML5  buzz and hype , I decided perhaps it is time to invest sometime understanding HTML . More like a refresher , since I do understand little bit of HTML and CSS.

Even though I started visiting sites and checking mails(yahoo mail) on internet  in 2001. It was not until my first year of IIT , when seniors held a HTML basics talk, I explored HTML a bit. I used notepad and Dreamweaver ,mostly Dreamweaver to create basic pages and styles. As with everybody new with HTML , I ended up creating a geocities page. which I never touched again. That was the only time I guess , I tried to understand HTML in a focused manner .

Afterwards , It has been mostly here and there on need basis like when creating web frontend for database project using JSP. Recently I used HTML while understanding ASP.NET web forms and MVC.

So I decided to read  Head First HTML as refresher course. I am through with first couple of chapters in breeze as there is nothing new to me till now.

That’s all for now.

No comments: